Drop-Off Hours Return to Normal June 24
- The Stevens Point Recycling & Yard Waste Drop-off at 100 Sixth Ave. will STOP their extended hours effective June 24, but will continue to accept water-damaged items through July 1 during their regular hours: Tues. & Thurs. 1 - 7 pm; Sat. 9 am - 7 pm. Get More Drop-Off Info.
July 4 (Week of July 1-8) Garbage & Recycling Schedule
- We will collect Tuesday's garbage route & recycling route #2 on Monday, July 3 (put your bins out Sunday instead of Monday). There will be no collection, and the drop-off will be closed, on Tuesday, July 4. There will be no other changes to the schedule.
Prentice St. Project Updates
- The Prentice St. Reconstruction Project began Monday, May 15. The project is anticipated to be completed by early October. Letters to Residents have been posted to give information, answer questions, provide maps, and more. Read More
Yard Waste Drop Off Hours Extended
- Until further notice, the City's yard waste drop-off at 100 Sixth Ave. will be open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7 am to 3 pm, and Tuesday and Thursday from 7 am to 7 pm.
Post-Storm Health and Safety Guidance
- Portage Co. residents still experience risks to health & safety from power lines and trees down over roadways and on top of structures, flooded roadways, flooded buildings, and power outages. PCHHS offers Health & Safety Guidance for affected residents. Read More
Mayor Wiza Seeking Donations for Fireworks
- Mayor Wiza started a fundraiser with the goal of adding just $5,000 to our fireworks budget. Many people have donated $10 or more. We’re taking donations at City Hall and via a GoFundMe page. We are about $1,800 short of that $5,000 goal. Read More
Stevens Point Fire Dept. Receives Class 2 ISO Rating
- The Stevens Point Fire Dept. has received the Insurance Services Office rating of Class 2. Starting in July, property & business owners in the City should contact their agents to inform them of this ISO grade change for possible savings on premiums. Read More
City of Stevens Point Property & Maintenance Survey
- The City of Stevens Point is updating various sections of the Municipal Code of Ordinances which relate to existing structures, rental properties, maintenance, and subsequent land uses within the City. You can participate by taking a brief online survey. Read More